Sunday, January 10, 2010

Friends: Part II

I took the meds so lets see how well this comes out of my mind and onto the screen. I want to talk a little about why I don't have more friends. I talked to my really, really good friend earlier today on the phone for an extended length of time and though we had never really talked about it before as far as I know, we both said we really don't like people. I'm not shy or scared to be around people, in groups or individually, and I'm not worried what they will think of me, and I don't think my friend is either, but I just don't care much for people. But at times when I don't have anything going on, having a spare casual friend or two wouldn't hurt. There is someone I know, I will not say how I know her in case she ever finds out I have a blog and wants to read it, but I've known her for going on a year and talk to her frequently. We have hung out a couple times. But I feel very fake when "being her friend" because I don't mean it. We have so very little in common. I have so very little in common with most people I meet. That doesn't make me better than them, it just makes me sort of a weird loner I guess. But this potential friend is pretty nice and often says she is bored on weekends. So I have to make a decision whether or not I want to move forward with a traditional friendship, which makes me feel like I'd be just using her, or not and be bored and lonely some weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment